How can I test the service?
Modified on: Wed, 19 Jan, 2022 at 5:56 AM
To test the service is working after the domain is added to our system, follow the instructions below:
- Add our secondary mx records to the dns for the domain.
- Wait 24 hours for the dns changes to propagate.
- Now take your mail server offline by disabling the smtp service so it doesn't respond. You can check to make sure it is offline with a simple telnet command to port 25 on your primary mx record. For example if your primary mx record is mail.acme.com you can do: 'telnet mail.acme.com 25'
If you get a response your mail server is still online and we won't get messages, but if it times out you have correctly disabled your smtp server.
- Next send yourself some test messages from a Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail account.
- You can verify the message made it on our end by logging into your Intertune Cloud account and checking the webmail.
- Now bring your mail server back online and verify that your test messages that were spooled on our end make it back to your server within a couple hours.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.